A California Native, James has sought after adventure all his life. He has led over 800 hundred expeditions domestically and internationally and has logged over 6000+ hours underwater, much of that time with some of the largest sharks in the world.
Over 300 Open Water students Certified in Monterey Bay along with many more Advanced Divers and Rescue Divers.
James is known in the dive industry for film production of large sharks. You've seen his work in TV Commercials, Movies, Magazines, during SHARKWEEK and more both in front and behind the camera. In 2019 James is in a National Commercial Campaign for Retireyourisk.org watch the commercial below or read about the Humpback Whale Rescue in Readers Digest "Best 100 Stories" or listen to it on NPR RadioLab. The whale rescue was also the inspiration for the Children's book "The Eye of the Whale"
James has a unique skill set for his adventures that includes:
- PADI and SSI Master Scuba Diver Trainer Instructor
- TDI Rebreather Instructor
- 100 Ton Merchant Marine Ship Captain
- White Shark Naturalist National Marine Sanctuaries
- NOLS Wilderness EMT
- PADI Instructor for many specialties including Great White Shark Diver
- International Expedition Leader
- U/W Photographer & Videographer
- American Cetacean Society Naturalist
- Divers Alert Network Instructor for: CPR, First Aid, Oxygen, Dive Medicine, Diving Emergency Management
- FAA Licensed Remote Pilot in Command Drone Pilot
- All photographs on this website taken by James